Pattaya is one of the world’s top nightlife cities, and when you visit here for any length of time, it’s easy to understand why! There are more bars in Pattaya than in most cities 10 times its size, and many are full of friendly girls (and men, if that is your thing) that are happy to meet you and enjoy time together.
However, one impediment to this can be the city’s hotels. While some hotels in Pattaya are very much guest friendly, many hotels, especially “higher end” hotels such as chains, are known to turn guests away. Others are starting to charge a “joiner fee,” sometimes of 1,000 baht or more, which is obviously not a good thing if you want to spend quality time with a guest or friend at the hotel room.
To make your life easier as a tourist in Pattaya, I have put together a list of some of my favorite guest friendly hotels around the city. My list is short — only my top five hotels — but you can find more in this list of guest friendly hotels in Pattaya, courtesy of GuestFriendlyHotelsBangkok.com.
Update: There is now a newer and more comprehensive list available at Guest Friendly Hotels Pattaya, complete with full reviews for each hotel.
Anyway, no further introduction needed, here are my top five:
- LK Metropole Hotel. This hotel is great. It’s a short walk from Central Festival Pattaya, where you can shop your heart out, and a nearby distance to many of the best places to eat and drink in Pattaya. Prices are medium and very affordable overall for the quality of the hotel.
- LK The Empress. As you can tell from the name, this is part of the same brand of hotels as LK Metropole. The Empress is more upmarket and has a better location right on the main Beach Road, making it good if you like to be close to the sea. Rooms are what you would expect if you have stayed at Metropole; very spacious and “grand” in style.
- Hilton Hotel Pattaya. If you have a high budget, you will love to stay here. Easily the nicest hotel in Central Pattaya, although the price very much matches the great quality of the rooms. I recommend this if you like dining as this hotel has several excellent restaurants with views of the sea.
- Intimate Hotel. This hotel is a great budget pick. Although it’s a three star hotel the quality level is very high and the location on 2nd Road is not very far from Central and other attractions. Overall I like this choice if I am in Pattaya and don’t want to spend a fortune on accommodation.
- Sunshine Hotel & Residences. My final recommendation, Sunshine Hotel is close to Soi 6, which is a fun place to enjoy the nightlife. This is one of the best hotels if you want to be close to nightlife without paying a premium price for a four or five star hotel.
What is your favorite Pattaya hotel?
In my opinion, Pattaya has some of the best hotel selections of anywhere in Asia. The prices are low and the quality level is high, with very large rooms compared to most of the other Asian cities I have visited.
What is your favorite Pattaya hotel? Please let me know your recommendations and I will use them for any future guides I write to accommodation in Pattaya. Thanks!